GPS: 42.696770, 23.321237
The story of this church is really long.
First building – X century
On May 7, 1856, started the construction of the new church. In the autumn of 1863 the construction of the new church was completed. The architect wasIvan Boyanin.
The church was destroyed on April 16, 1925, during General Constantine Georgiev’s funeral because of a communist assault. 193 people were killed, injured about 500. It is believed to be the worst terrorist act in the history of Bulgaria and at that time in the world. By the spring of 1933 it was built an almost new temple.